Jorge Cruise's Baked Pickles
Bake your favorite kind of pickles to get the satisfaction of a fried feeling without the extra calories.
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 6 to 10 dill pickles, cut in half
Directions1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a medium bowl, combine all dry ingredients and whisk well. Taste the mixture for flavor and adjust seasoning to your preference.
3. Dip pickle slices in water, then coat with dry mixture and place on a baking sheet making sure not to overcrowd. Bake the pickles in batches if necessary.
4. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes and remove when lightly browned. This depends on the style of pickle, so be sure to keep your eye on them.
Jorge Cruise's BBQ Zucchini Chips
The spices in this recipe are anti-inflammatory and have no calories.
- 5 cups zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp mustard seed powder
Directions1. Lay the zucchini slices out evenly on sheets of paper towel (make sure they're thinly sliced--the thinner they are, the better they'll crisp up) then sprinkle the tops of each lightly with salt. Use no more than ¼ teaspoon total for all the slices.
2. Preheat your oven to 225 degrees and allow the slices to sit for approximately 10 minutes. This will help draw out the liquid from the slices so they'll cook faster and help with their crispiness.
3. After the 10 minutes, blot the slices with additional paper towel to remove the excess moisture.
4. On a parchment-lined baking sheet, lay out the slices evenly on the sheet (you may need to use more than one pan depending on the size of your zucchini).
5. Sprinkle the tops with your seasonings of choice. Be careful not to use too much, since you already salted the slices and they will shrink when baking.
6. Bake in the oven for approximately 2 hours or until they've reached your desired crispiness.
7. Remove from oven and let cool, then serve.
Watch The VideoThis recipe was recently featured in The #1 Thing You Need to Drastically Stop Down Aging.
Jorge Cruise's Portobello Pizzas
Swap the bread pizza crust with portobello mushrooms for added nutrition and less calories.
- Large portobello mushrooms
- 2 tbsp marinara sauce per slice
- Grilled chicken
- Part-skim mozzarella cheese
Directions1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Place the slices of portobello mushrooms on a lined sheet and bake for 5 minutes or until tender.
3. Remove from the oven and top them with marinara sauce and as much basil, arugula, grilled chicken and part-skim mozzarella cheese as you'd like to each slice.
4. Place the slices back into the oven for 15-18 minutes.
Jorge Cruise's Apple Pie Popcorn
Add extra flavor to popcorn with delicious spices.
- 8 cups air-popped popcorn
- Apple pie spice, to taste
Post a Comment